Writing a Procedure
A procedure is a set of steps that tell how to do an activity or experiment. It should be VERY detailed. So detailed that if a person found this procedure, they could do the experiment exactly the way you did it. As part of your procedure, it is important to have your materials listed above so the person doing the activity already has everything they need.
Making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
• 1 Loaf of Bread (sliced)
• 1 table knife or butter knife
• 1 piece of paper towel or a napkin
• 1 Jar Peanut Butter
• 1 Jar Jelly
• 1 plate
1. Take a slice of bread
2. Put peanut butter on the slice
3. Take a second slice of bread
4. Put jelly on that slice
5. Press the slices of bread together
1. Take a slice of bread from the bag and place it on the plate.
2. Open the jar of peanut butter by twisting the lid counter clockwise.
3. Pick up one knife by the handle
4. Insert the blade of the knife into the jar of peanut butter and scoop some out so it is on the knife.
5. Run the knife across the face of the slice of bread, evenly spreading the peanut butter on the bread and into all corners and sides.
6. Use the napkin to clean the peanut butter off of the knife
7. Take a second slice of bread
8. Repeat steps 2-5 with the second slice of bread and the jar of jelly.
8. Press the two slices of bread together so that the peanut butter and jelly meet.